A Short History of South-East Asia, 6th Edition – Peter Church
A Short History of South-East Asia, Sixth Edition is the latest in a series of updated texts spotlighting this fascinating region. With revised chapters for all of the countries in this geographic area, this interesting text paints a remarkable overview of the characters and events that have shaped this part of the world. Founded upon a deeply perceptive observation of the late founding Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Kuan Yew, this book brings shape to the idea that ‘to understand the present and to anticipate the future, one must know enough of the past, enough to have a sense of the history of a people.’ With an approachable writing style and comprehensive content, this unique text was written for business readers interested in improving their understanding of this important region.
With globalization continuing to gain momentum, south-east Asia is emerging as an important business sector for many industries. Not only does this open up professional opportunities, it exposes individuals in other parts of the world to the unique histories and cultures of the area. If you are interested in learning more about the region, this abbreviated text is a wonderful resource.
• Explore historic and political developments that have taken place throughout south-east Asia
• Quickly navigate text organized by country, allowing you to dive into the events that have shaped Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
• Gain an important global perspective, which can prove valuable on personal and professional levels
• Leverage your new understanding of the region’s past to better understand its present and anticipate its future
• A Short History of South-East Asia, Sixth Edition is an abbreviated history of south-east Asia written with business readers in mind.