1) A Companion to the Ancient Near East – Daniel C. Snell
Wiley-Blackwell | 2007 | PDF
A Companion to the Ancient Near East offers students and general readers a comprehensive overview of Near Eastern civilization from the Bronze Age to the conquests of Alexander the Great.
• Covers the civilizations of the Sumerians, Hittites, Babylonians, Assyrians, Israelites and Persians
• Places particular emphasis on social and cultural history
• Covers the legacy of the Ancient Near East in the medieval and modern worlds
• Provides a useful bibliographical guide to this field of study
2) A Companion to Assyria – Eckart Frahm
Wiley-Blackwell | 2017 | PDF
A Companion to Assyria is a collection of original essays on ancient Assyria written by key international scholars. These new scholarly contributions have substantially reshaped contemporary understanding of society and life in this ancient civilization.
• The only detailed up-to-date introduction providing a scholarly overview of ancient Assyria in English within the last fifty years
• Original essays written and edited by a team of respected Assyriology scholars from around the world
• An in-depth exploration of Assyrian society and life, including the latest thought on cities, art, religion, literature, economy, and technology, and political and military history