The European Reformations, 2nd Edition – Carter Lindberg
Wiley-Blackwell | 2009 | PDF
Combining seamless synthesis of original material with updated scholarship, The European Reformations 2nd edition, provides the most comprehensive and engaging textbook available on the origins and impacts of Europe’s Reformations – and the consequences that continue to resonate today.
• A fully revised and comprehensive edition of this popular introduction to the Reformations of the sixteenth century
• Includes new sections on the Catholic Reformation, the Counter Reformation, the role of women, and the Reformation in Britain
• Sets the origins of the movements in the context of late medieval social, economic and religious crises, carefully tracing its trajectories through the different religious groups
• Succeeds in weaving together religion, politics, social forces, and the influential personalities of the time, in to one compelling story
• Provides a variety of supplementary materials, including end-of-chapter suggestions for further reading, along with maps, illustrations, a glossary, and chronologies