Jochen Wirtz – Essentials of Services Marketing 2018 3rd Edition
Essentials of Services Marketing, 3rd Edition is meant for courses directed at undergraduate and polytechnic students, especially those heading for a career in the service sector, whether at the executive or management level. It delivers streamlined coverage of services marketing topics with an exciting global outlook with visual learning aids and clear language. It has been designed so that instructors can make selective use of chapters and cases to teach courses of different lengths and formats in either services marketing or services management.
The third edition of ESM retains some of the key features that have made it successful, and improves on other aspects of the textbook to help students understand services marketing more effectively. These features include the following:
– This text takes a strongly managerial perspective, yet is rooted in solid academic research, complemented by memorable frameworks. The goal is to bridge the all-too-frequent gap between theory and the real world.
– The text is organized around an integrated framework the reader immediately can relate to. The framework cascades across the entire book. Furthermore, each chapter provides a succinct chapter overview in pictorial form.
– The text has been carefully written and designed to be clear, readable, and focused.
– This is an easy to read text that works hand-in-hand with visuals that make important concepts accessible.
– It offers a global perspective. Examples were carefully selected from America, Europe and Asia.
– The book uses a systematic learning approach. Each chapter has clear learning objectives, an organizing framework that that provides a quick overview of the chapter’s contents and line of argument, and chapter summaries in bullet form that condense the core concepts and messages of each chapter.
– Opening vignettes and boxed inserts within the chapters are designed to capture student interest and provide opportunities for in-class discussions. They describe significant research findings, illustrate practical applications of important service marketing concepts, and describe best practices by innovative service organizations.