Andrea Bonior – Detox Your Thoughts
Clinical psychologist Andrea Bonior has spent over twenty years studying, teaching, and practicing the science of thoughts, emotions, and behavior. In Detox Your Thoughts, she uses the latest research into mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to teach you to understand your thoughts–and your body–in a completely different way.
To challenge negative self-talk, you must change the way you relate to your thoughts altogether. Bonior shows us how to create new mental pathways that truly stick. For each of the ten mental traps, Bonior offers a new habit to practice, including:
• leaning in to your feelings
• recognizing and counteracting your blind spots to gain insight
• valuing the present moment, and immersing yourself in it.
Bonior deciphers the latest research in psychology and neuroscience to help disempower and conquer self-sabotaging thoughts with specific and actionable steps. You’re not erasing negative thoughts, but rather growing bigger than they are–and improving your mental and emotional life along the way.
• Dr. Andrea Bonior is a popular psychologist and contributor to BuzzFeed and the Washington Post.
• Detox Your Thoughts was inspired by her popular BuzzFeed challenge of the same name.
• Dr. Bonior’s mental health advice column, “Baggage Check,” has appeared for 14 years in the Washington Post and several other newspapers nationwide.